Friday, January 29, 2016

38 week bump update

As I'm starting to update my blog I stumbled upon my last pre-baby post! I had it all written, I'm not sure why I never published it? It was in fact my last post before Carter Jane arrived (gosh, I miss being pregnant!).... 


Maybe this will be my last post before baby? eek! Currently as I'm writing this it is the start of my 39th week... I'll recap on my weeks from 31-38 since I've been such a slacker with bump updates I'll add it all into one! At my last ultrasound which was at 36 weeks Carter's weight was approximately 6 lbs 15 oz - just about 7 lbs! If I go full term with her [which that looks to be the case] her estimated weight will be 8-8.5 lbs! The bigger the baby, the easier to dress, right?! 




How far along? 38 weeks  

Gender? It's a GIRL! My sweet baby Carter Jane 


Nicknames? CJ, baby Jane. Janey. 

Total weight gain/loss? As of my 38 week appointment on Thursday, I've gained a total of 36 pounds. yikes! 


Maternity clothes?  After 30 weeks hit I pretty much told myself I wasn't buying any more maternity clothing.  My favorite go - to basics throughout this pregnancy have been the couple of pairs of black maternity leggings from Target and basic black tanks with the ruching on the sides.  The clothing that I purchased from LOFT Maternity has been the best! Mixing those pieces with some non - maternity that I had from before I lost weight for my wedding worked perfectly [another reason it's great to be a clothing hoarder].  The dresses I'm wearing in my top two photos are both LOFT Maternity, here's photos of two others that have been favorites: 



Sleep? OH gosh. Some nights I am very comfortable, others I feel like a straight up insomniac! I can tell that I'm not sleeping so light anymore because I am able to deal with my husband's snoring a lot better! I think this cartoon picture I saw on Pinterest pretty much sums it up! 


Best moment this week [these past few weeks]?

  • Carter's kicks and jabs - I know I'm going to miss them and having her little movements all to myself! 
  • Feeling baby hiccups
  • Surprise baby shower at work - how cute!
  • My husband reading bedtime stories to CJ and cracking me up with his funny voices
  • All of the love and help my family has shared with getting our house baby - ready!

Symptoms? My energy has officially gone downhill, which I'm so not used to.  That paired with the horrible sciatic pain that I have been having in my left leg has led me to be much slower with getting things accomplished and walking! Any time we go somewhere my husband cracks up at my snail pace. Also, I've been having wacky hormone rages, especially towards our two kitties that love to be anywhere and everywhere that is baby related.  They think it's their cat palace! I've given up on trying to discipline and hope that when Carter arrives the kitties will get the point. 


Food cravings? 

  • Coffee. I still have limited myself to one cup a day - but I am counting down the days until I can indulge and have more.  
  • Shrimp.  I was dying for grilled shrimp on a big salad one night for dinner.  My husband put together some sort of delicious marinade and I am officially obsessed. I love grilling season!
  • Roast beef paninis from Pasqualina's, the Italian market / deli local to us.  Something about the combination of roast beef, provolone and hot peppers that is to die for! I only ever eat half and only on occasion but it is so good! 
  • Everything sweet and chocolate that you could imagine! Cookies, cakes, donuts etc... 
Food aversions? Nothing like in the beginning of my pregnancy.  

Labor signs?  I've had many braxton hicks contractions, but none that are the real deal yet! 

Belly button in or out? still mostly in. 

What I miss? My energy and being able to move around quickly.  

What I'm looking forward to? Meeting our little girl.  With one week away the feeling is so surreal i'm anxious, excited and nervous! 


Nursery? The nursery is 98% complete! The rocking chair that I ordered will be delivered by Monday or Tuesday and I need to finish ironing the panels that came for the windows - I will share photos when both of those things are in place! 

Mood? Energetic - today! We'll see about tomorrow... 





 photo signature 2_zpstq3akvay.png

No comments:

Post a Comment