Saturday, February 6, 2016

the terrible teeths

In the beginning of the week my husband was away for business for two nights.  [Insert jealous face emoji here]  I definitely caught myself daydreaming while he was away about what it might be like to sleep uninterrupted for multiple nights in a row.  No baby monitor buzzing, a significant other snoring, cats making noise in the middle of the night.  As Mom's we can accomplish so much on four to five hours sleep, could you imagine an entire night? Or two? lucky. guy.

The two and a half days [I pretty much had a countdown to his return home] that Darren was away I had two major take-aways:
1.  I have a husband that is a great co-parent.
2. Single Mothers are amazing.  You all deserve a shout out, I do not know how you do what you do every. single. day. #singlemomholiday ?

This week, I've decided has officially been the week of  "the terrible teeths" [kind of like the terrible twos but in 8 month old baby land: teeth]. I thought while my husband was away Sun-Mon-Tues we were having a rough time with lack of sleep and a sore baby.  I was in for a rude awakening when it got worse Wednesday and Thursday.  Then, voila! one of Carter's bottom teeth popped through.  Now we are just waiting on the second front bottom tooth to pop through [we can see it] and then, the rest of her teeth. yikes.

Some of our favorite things that have been helping Carter and I get through "the terrible teeths":


  1. Sophie the Giraffe Teether - Yes, the $25 giraffe.  She is so worth every dollar.  Not only does Carter love to play with her, but the legs, the ears, and all of her ridges are a great soother.  
  2. Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder - I don't know why it took me so long to pick these up at the store, but I'm so glad I did.  They are amazing!  I put frozen bananas and with a friend's suggestion frozen mango chunks in here.  Carter LOVES them.  side note: I've found the easiest way to clean and rinse these is with the sprinkler attachment on your kitchen sink.  
  3. Nuby Icybite Hard/Soft Teething Keys - Carter has had these for a few months.  I really like the size of them because they are easy for her to hold on to.  These keys are great used cold or room temp.  

Of course we can't forget our Infant Tylenol for the really rough nights.  And a lot of hot tea for me.

Cheers to another week of teething! Wish us luck.
 photo signature 2_zpstq3akvay.png

3 comments: