Sunday, January 25, 2015

20 week baby bump

Hello! So... I've had a very busy week and am just getting to my 20 week baby bump update. {As of today I am 21 weeks + 1 day.} I couldn't not snap a picture, this is major! HALFWAY. wow. Time is really starting to tick now.  
   
{please excuse the tired eyes, this photo was taken after a day of work, and after being up since 4:30am!}

How far along? 20 weeks 

Gender? Definitely a GIRL! My sweet baby Carter Jane.


Total weight gain/loss? 10 lbs from the start of pregnancy.  


Maternity clothes?  I still haven't gone full blown maternity yet.  My favorite type of outfit consists of: my Ingrid & Isabel maternity leggings, a black cami, flowy cardigan and a scarf! {oh, kind of like my 20 week picture I shared with you!}  I did just purchase this cute top from LOFT today in size xl which will be good as my stomach keeps getting larger! I think this week i'll go ahead and order some maternity boyfriend jeans I've been eyeing up.  


Sleep? Still overall pretty great - especially since my doctor let me know I didn't have to sleep directly on my left side like I thought and that I do have the option to sleep on my right side if it feels more comfortable.  I'm typically up by 5:30/6am, this morning was 5:30am! HUNGRY. gotta love it!

Best moment this week? I'm an ultrasound - a - holic.  I love seeing my little girl on the monitor.  On Thursday of this past week I had my level two, 20 week ultrasound.  My mother-in-law and bestie came along to "meet" baby Carter and it was such an amazing experience to share with them.  Nothing is better than hearing that baby is doing well and everything is growing appropriately.  Carter is currently 13oz, just under one pound! little cutie. We saw the four chambers of her heart, looked at her brain and all of her little limbs were measured.  


Symptoms? Hungry very early in the morning, sometimes I'll also catch myself out of breath.  

Food cravings? this week I had a few interesting ones: 


  • a hot dog, french fry, birch beer combo from our favorite pit stop on our way to our family cabin...aka no where local! 
  • klondike bars
  • creamed corn casserole {my husband has made a version of this before in the crockpot and I can't get it out of my mind}
  • chocolate orange cookies {I think they call them "pillows"} from Tabora Farm - which I stopped to get this week and they were SOLD. OUT. break my heart! 

Food aversions? Chicken.  I used to love chicken, now I barely eat it at all throughout my pregnancy unless it's camouflaged in a recipe and not in huge pieces.  Strange. 

Labor signs? x

Belly button in or out?In.

What I miss? Nothing this week, I've been too busy to miss anything! 

What I'm looking forward to? More sunlight in the day.  It seems like its starting to not get dark so early, or maybe that's just my imagination? 

Nursery? My husband and I ordered Carter's crib two days ago and it should be arriving this week.  I plan to order her curtains this week or maybe next.  I found these super cute ones:

I've been shopping around and they are a steal at $26.99 per panel! We have three windows in Carter's room and I think to start I am going to order three panels and see how that looks.  I don't want overkill with ruffled curtains and I think one panel will be enough for each window.  We plan on also getting black out shades for each window so that will take care of keeping sunlight out at certain times of the day.  I also want to get to the antique store in town on one of my days off to peek around and see if I find anything cute for Carter's walls.  I've already started a small collection of items, I will share with you soon! 

Want to see my other nursery inspiration? Follow my Carter Jane's Nursery Pinterest board! 

Mood? Motivated!
 photo signature 2_zpstq3akvay.png

No comments:

Post a Comment